Helpful contacts

If you are in immediate danger call 000.

If you experience domestic or family violence call the Police 131 444.

There are services you can contact to get help with family violence.

If you get violent with your family and want to change call 1300 78 99 78 or visit

If you need a place to stay to escape domestic or family violence, you can access emergency accommodation.

If you have been abused and need to talk to a counsellor or find support services 

call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732
or visit

Children and young adults can talk to a counsellor on 1800 55 1800 or by visiting

If you witness family violence call Police 131 444.  We all have a responsibility to help.  It’s important that we keep each other safe in our community. You must report domestic and family violence to NT police - it's now the law.